Screaming Frog is a favorite spider tool highly recommended by a lot of SEOs. It has a lot of features and is very customizable. It runs on PCs, Macs and Linux machines. You can view, analyse and filter the crawl data as it is collected and updated continuously in the program’s user interface.
The tool permits you to export key onsite SEO components (URL, page title, meta description, headings, etc) to Excel so it can be used as a base to make SEO decisions.
If you pay for the full version at £99 per year, you’ll get
- The 500 URI crawl limit is removed
- You can access ALL the configuration options
- You can save & re-upload crawls
- You can search for anything in the source code, & collect any data from the HTML of a URL using XPath, CSS Path or regex
- You can connect to the Google Analytics API & pull in data directly during a crawl
- You get support for any technical issues with the software
Now, if you’re strapped for cash and want something that’s totally free, we have three free alternatives for you to check out.
Let us know which of the 3 you like the best and why on the comments section below.